*** Must be registered for Tryouts to participate in Indoor Hitting after January 1, 2017. ***
Starting on November 2, Stillwater Area Baseball Association will have the batting cages in the gym at the High School. These sessions will be most Monday and Wednesday nights from 7:00 - 8:30 PM up until the Spring Break week.
Click on the document below for a full list of dates:
|Monday Nights||Wednesday Nights|
|9U, 10U, 11U & 12U||7:00 - 7:45||7:00 - 7:45|
|13U, 14U & 15U||7:45 - 8:30||7:45 - 8:30|
Please choose either Monday or Wednesday's to come hit .
Due to a scheduling conflict at the High School the first Pony Baseball Academy will start on Sunday, January 22.
Bring Family and Friends for Dinner at Culver's Stillwater on Thursday March 2 from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm and Culver's Stillwater will donate back a portion of the nights sales to Stillwater Area Baseball Assoc.
Congratulation to the 12AA Ponies for winning the Millpond Madness Tourney in Baldwin, WI over the weekend of May 13-15
This is the first Tourney win under the new Stillwater Area Baseball Association name.
In a nail-biting victory over Totino, the 15AAA won the tournament 2-1 in the 11th inning
On Sunday October 18, 2015 the St. Croix Valley Baseball Association Board voted to change our organization’s name to Stillwater Area Baseball Association. The formal papers to finalize the name change will be filed over the course of the next few weeks. In the meantime, the Board wanted to notify our members and potential new members of this exciting development as soon as possible. Reasons for the name change include:
• The St. Croix Valley Baseball Association name served us well for many years. The Board, including its past and present members will always be honored and proud of what this organization has accomplished as SCVBA. However, after many hours of discussion and consultation, the Board felt that changing our name to Stillwater Area Baseball Association establishes us geographically and better aligns us with the entire Stillwater Area sporting community. We will be more closely linked to the Stillwater Area High School, American Legion, VFW and amateur baseball teams as well as other local youth sport organizations
• The Board plans on using this name change to work cooperatively with the Stillwater Area High School baseball program and its coaches to develop our youth players from an early age. A primary goal is introducing our players to the fundamentals and teachings of our high school team so the Pony baseball program is part of our player’s growth at an early age and throughout their years in youth baseball.
• The name change realigns us with the area we represent. Players, coaches and parents will no longer have to explain to other teams that we are not from Wisconsin, St. Croix County and St. Croix Falls or confuse us with the Central St. Croix Baseball Association.
• The vast majority of our youth baseball players grow up dreaming of playing sports for Stillwater Area High School. This name change gives our baseball players a chance to represent their community by proudly wearing the Stillwater name at an earlier age just as they do for other Stillwater Area youth sports organizations like hockey, football, basketball, fast pitch softball, lacrosse, etc.
• A newly named and realigned Stillwater Area Baseball Association will allow us to expand our core efforts in player and coach development, initiating field improvements, hosting local tournaments and promoting the understanding of how Pony Baseball is played.
Although there is much work to be done, we are very excited for this name change and the new opportunities it will provide. In the coming weeks we will introduce a new website and logo. Information will also be forthcoming on registration, tryouts and the 2016 Baseball Season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a Stillwater Area Baseball Association Board Member for more information.