Congratulations 11AAA, 12AA and 14/15A Ponies! First teams to win under new Stillwater Area Baseball Association name.
11AAA Ponies 3 vs Woodbury WYAL Gladiators 1
12AA Ponies 15 vs Woodbury 9
14/15A Ponies 14 vs Cottage Grove Wolfpack 2
Monday May 2 @ 4:30
Stillwater Ponies vs. Park
Pony Stadium at SAHS
Free hot dogs, soda and prizes.
Stillwater Area Baseball Association players wear your hat!
On Sunday October 18, 2015 the St. Croix Valley Baseball Association Board voted to change our organization’s name to Stillwater Area Baseball Association. The formal papers to finalize the name change will be filed over the course of the next few weeks. In the meantime, the Board wanted to notify our members and potential new members of this exciting development as soon as possible. Reasons for the name change include:
• The St. Croix Valley Baseball Association name served us well for many years. The Board, including its past and present members will always be honored and proud of what this organization has accomplished as SCVBA. However, after many hours of discussion and consultation, the Board felt that changing our name to Stillwater Area Baseball Association establishes us geographically and better aligns us with the entire Stillwater Area sporting community. We will be more closely linked to the Stillwater Area High School, American Legion, VFW and amateur baseball teams as well as other local youth sport organizations
• The Board plans on using this name change to work cooperatively with the Stillwater Area High School baseball program and its coaches to develop our youth players from an early age. A primary goal is introducing our players to the fundamentals and teachings of our high school team so the Pony baseball program is part of our player’s growth at an early age and throughout their years in youth baseball.
• The name change realigns us with the area we represent. Players, coaches and parents will no longer have to explain to other teams that we are not from Wisconsin, St. Croix County and St. Croix Falls or confuse us with the Central St. Croix Baseball Association.
• The vast majority of our youth baseball players grow up dreaming of playing sports for Stillwater Area High School. This name change gives our baseball players a chance to represent their community by proudly wearing the Stillwater name at an earlier age just as they do for other Stillwater Area youth sports organizations like hockey, football, basketball, fast pitch softball, lacrosse, etc.
• A newly named and realigned Stillwater Area Baseball Association will allow us to expand our core efforts in player and coach development, initiating field improvements, hosting local tournaments and promoting the understanding of how Pony Baseball is played.
Although there is much work to be done, we are very excited for this name change and the new opportunities it will provide. In the coming weeks we will introduce a new website and logo. Information will also be forthcoming on registration, tryouts and the 2016 Baseball Season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a Stillwater Area Baseball Association Board Member for more information.